Sunday, September 23, 2012

Painted mushroom

Yesterday I repainted an old mushroom my mom had given me to refresh. After many years in the garden its red paint had gotten quite chipped and faded so I gave it a whole new color scheme!

I had so much fun painting this! It took around three hours to finish it, counting drying time for each coat of paint.  For this project I used Liquitex acrylics to paint the whole thing in the colors white, raw sienna, red, and burnt umber.

Just for fun - there's nothing cuter than a mushroom with a little crab apple on its cap!


  1. It looks real! Awesome job. I can't wait to see what you do next.

  2. Very realistic looking, nice job!

  3. Cute! I love thee layers, for a second (before I read the post) I thought it was real. An easy mistake I think! Very nice job!