Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pink Willow Tree painting


This is a painting of a pink willow tree landscape I created a couple of days ago! I used my usual set of GRUMBACHER watercolors to paint this. I wanted it it be a bright and cheerful painting! I enjoyed mixing all of the vibrant colors!


The texture of the tree bark was achieved by using very little water with the paint and a stiff bristled brush.


For the leaves of the tree I held the paper vertically and used lots of water with the paint to make the paint dribble down.


The leaves are blowing to the left in the wind in a cool spring breeze. I felt like doing something spring related with all the cold autumn days we've been having!

2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice! My favorite part is the tree bark... How on earth did you get that beautiful looking texture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing more of your work, it's fun to see the variety :)

    ReplyDelete