Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lollipop Charm Tutorial

Welcome to my first tutorial! This tutorial is about how to make a cute Popsicle charm! This method works really well for me but there are tons of different ways to make charms.

Tools/materials needed:
 - Polymer clay in the colors red, green, blue, pink, yellow, white, and a little bit of black
 - A cutting tool of some sort
 - Toothpick
 - White acrylic paint
 - glaze
-brush (For glazing)

I use a mix of Fimo and Premo clays, the colors I'm using for this project are: Fimo soft red, Premo green, Fimo soft blue, Premo blush, Premo sunshine, Fimo soft white, and Fimo soft black.

Step 1:
 The first thing I do is role out all my clay colors (besides the black) into a long thin snake.
Step 2:
 Next I gently squish all the colors together and start to role them together. Also twisting it until I get something like the next photo:

  Step 3:
Now I start to role it into a spiral.

Step 4:
 I keep rolling until I get the size lollipop you want, then cut the rest of the snake of.


To make the lollipop stick I cut a toothpick in half and insert the pointy end into my lollipop.

 Step 5:
Next I role two tiny balls of black clay and flatten them slightly for the eyes. For the mouth I role out a little piece of black clay into a snake and bend it into a U shape. I put these were I want the face to be on the lollipop and press down gently so they stay.


Step 6:
Next I add an eye pin or a head pin before baking if I want the lollipop to be a charm! After its baked I use my white acrylic paint and a toothpick or a dotting tool to add a white circle to each of the eyes for a cute effect! Then I usually glaze my charm to add a nice shiny finish.

I really hope this tutorial was useful to you!



1 comment: