Saturday, January 4, 2014

Recent Miniatures

These are a few of my most recent food miniatures I've sculpted, if you follow my Instagram you've probably already seen these!


This is a Thanksgiving plate I sculpted a few weeks ago. Mashed potatoes, green beans and sliced turkey with stuffing! The perfect meal for Thanksgiving. :)


I made these tiny cinnamon rolls recently. The gooey "cinnamon" inside and the icing texture was a fun challenge and took a while to get right! I watered the TLS (translucent liquid sculpey) down just a bit so it wasn't so thick, and then added a small amount of white paint for the right color!


I sculpted this plate of bacon and eggs a few weeks ago. I really enjoy sculpting entire meals, its a wonderful challenge!

12 comments:

  1. I like your food, it looks so real..the green beans are so cute and tiny!

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum- those mashed potatoes look edible! Your work is so amazingly realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Esme, ab heute bin ich dein neues Mitglied und freue mich deinen schönen Blog gefunden zuhaben. Tolle Dinge hast du schon geschaffen. Respekt! Ich würde mich sehr freuen wenn du mich auch einmal auf meinem Blog besuchst.
    Bis dahin herzliche Grüße Britta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't speak German but thankfully for Google Translate I could read your sweet comment and your blog! Thank you so much for the kind complements. :) I had a chance to check out your blog, I'll keep checking back to see all the creative things you make!

      ~ Best wishes, Esme

      Delete
  4. Hi Esme, I took the liberty of pinning your amazing eggs and bacon. I hope this draws many followers to your blog. You deserve them. You make beautiful art, not just in mini. I took a little tour in past posts and I am a fan!
    Hugs,
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronique! Thank you so much for pinning my work and the kind compliments! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! :)

      ~ Esme

      Delete
  5. Esme, as a miniaturist I've yet to perfect the realism of bacon; yours is without doubt, the most realistic I've seen. All excellent work. Kudos! ~ PS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, some of the best bacon I've seen. And the mashed potatoes , eggs are also exceptional. In fact, it's all better than average by far! You are off to a great start.....I expect great things from you :-)

    ReplyDelete